So…it appears I just took an unplanned writing break for the past 3 months. Wow! Where did the time go? I’m hoping to get back in the swing of things, even if I just reach out for a one-liner or some wanderings.
Things have been kind of slow in the writing department because my life is pretty uninteresting right now. Yet, somehow, it is uninteresting and busy. How does that even happen? There is a lot to do every day but to what end? I’m calling it my Wandering Phase because it feels like I’m in between destinations. For example:
- My accountability group took a break for about 6 months. We’re down by one, but we’re trying to get our feet back under us. It’s not the same.
- I’ve been visiting churches for the past 3 months. I’m trying not to be bitter about the process, but I hate starting over. It’s hard.
- My department at work moved under a new division head after 7+ years. Learning new roles and figuring out how old ones fit is always an interesting process. It’s uncomfortable.
- Everyone seems to be up in this single gal’s business and I’m not sure why. Some people mean well, and some people are just plain mean. It’s disappointing.
- Prayers seem to bounce off the ceiling and God is pretty quiet these day making me feel even more disconnected and uncertain. It’s frustrating.
But there have been good wanderings too…
Remember this little guy? (His name is Deacon, by the way.)
Well, now he is this not-so-little guy.
Is it wrong to confess that I didn’t like him for the first three weeks? Probably. But we’ve worked some things out and now that he doesn’t whine constantly and isn’t peeing in my house every 10 minutes (literally), I’m in love with him. He’s a sweetie.
I can’t give Deacs a shout-out without giving Ellie one as well. She’s a trooper. Look at these faces, y’all! Would you get anything done with this much cuteness around?
During Puppy Chaos 2014, I taught Zechariah. I had no idea what I was getting myself into by picking the study, but it was worth the time & effort.
I’m toying with the idea of doing another triathlon. It’s crazy. Some of you may know that I’m a recovering triathlete. For those of you who didn’t, don’t get too impressed. My motto is: “I don’t compete. I complete.” Big diff.
I’m doing some creative work…like making this trophy for a weight-loss competition at work.
I know. I know. It’s a masterpiece. Stop it!
And to inspire all my awesome creative endeavors, I stayed out late on a school night to see Dave Barnes in concert. I scored some pretty awesome seats, and it was a pretty awesome night where my face hurt from laughing so hard.
I’ve also been spending a lot of time in nature. I love the extra sunshine daylight savings time brings. There is nothing better for the soul than to take in this after being cooped up in a grey cubicle all day. Don’t you think? It’s refreshing.
Oooooooo! Let’s not forget Holy Week. I took it to the next level this year by taking a full week of stay-cation. It was glorious – as Holy Week should be.
Now you know some of my wanderings. What’s been going on in your neck of the woods?